floral

Sunday, July 15, 2007

She's all wild hair and baby power fists



Here are some new photos of the bumkin. By the looks of things, she's very into expressing herself via the "power fist." If I may extrapolate, I think she's trying to convey a sign of "I'm here, I'm loving life!" So, yeah... She's doing well. Cooing up a storm and even smiling. Someone at Cory's office said something about how babies don't smile until they are quite a bit older (like, 3 months or so). I don't want to sound like some delusional new mother who cannot be convinced that her child is not making milestones, BUT... I did look it up in my "Baby Book" by Dr. Sears, and he confirms that babies do begin "social smiles" in their second month of life. So, I stand firm. She smiles. And it's pretty friggin' adorable.
Also, I have a book recommendation for any nursing mother or about to be nursing mother. It's called, "How My Breasts Saved the World" and it's by Lisa Wood Shapiro. Funny, fast read.
And in other news, Scout and I head back to work on July 23rd. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all look so happy! The pictures are great. Give Scout a big squeeze from the Ten Pas family.
PS The hair looks great!

Jill said...

Thanks for the new pictures. She looks great! We are sending you positive vibes that the going back to work thing goes well.