floral

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Trip to RMNP--July 10, 2011

Since I will shortly be going to bed, but am presently inspired to post, I will keep it brief and start with the photos that we just took today on our day trip to Rocky Mountain National Park.

I love living in Fort Collins for a lot of reasons, but one of them is definitely the proximity to Estes Park. It's only an hour! Man, why don't we do this more often.

We started from the house around 10 am, and were happily enjoying our picnic lunch at 11:30 in a lovely little picnic spot. Around 12:30 we did a short hike around Lily Lake. The distance probably wasn't more than a mile, and the elevation gain was minimal (even I could do it without huffing and puffing no problem, that's saying something!), but even so, I was so proud of my big girl because she walked the whole thing all the way by herself. Without complaining. And, yes, she is actually related to me so this might be all the more surprising.

On our way to Lily Lake, doing everything we can to keep this lil turkey from napping in the car

Some very sweet tourists from Houston were so kind to take our photo.

Ruby gets a free ride

Hey, Scout, make your "stinker face"

All the way down the hike, all by herself. She's a hiker!

Our chauffer

Again, the sweet tourists, trying to capture the mountains in the background.
More fun photos to follow soon, I hope. We've been busy, but loving it!

1 comment:

Team Whitney said...

How fun!!! You guys look great. And good job, Scout, for all of that hiking!