floral

Monday, January 23, 2012

Photos and thoughts pertaining to mid-January

It's now January 23, 2012.

And so far I can confirm that I have accomplished a few things on the "to-do" list for January, including writing the date of Kindergarten registration on my calendar. February 9.

I cannot help obsessing over this decision to send Scout to Kindergarten. It manifests itself like this: On Saturday, I was pouring over the IKEA website INSISTING that we needed some new storage options. And if you are Cory, you certainly know that when Jayme starts going on an organizational bender, you had better look out.

But amidst the latest in my ongoing terrifying agony over making the wrong decision, I try to find a minute to enjoy these sweet children.

We've had a few pretty days around here, definitely making January all the more tolerable. Preschool spent time today on the subject of "Chinese New Year," and we brought snack. I wasn't there, so I can't be 100% positive if the feedback was honest, but it appeared to be quite the hit: Fortune Cookies. $2.50 well spent!

We were out in front to do some chalk drawings, but it was pretty windy

Fortunately, Ruby got plenty of use out of the chalk before we went back inside

A rare photo of my two beauties looking AND smiling! Yay!

Scout positioned her stuffies so that they could view us eating dinner

Playing playdough

Scout wearing her fancy glasses (they are a headband, but she wears them like glasses)
All in all, plenty of fun times to be had. It's good to think about the future, but also important to keep focused on the present--the silly, awesome present that I am so grateful for. I know that in a few years, I won't even remember what I was all bent-out-of-shape about, but right now it seems so monumental. Here's hoping for the right choice... and then, after that, a smooth transition to whatever that choice might be.

1 comment:

Team Whitney said...

You guys will make a great decision--no doubt! And what adventures she'll have along the way!

By the way, I love that you totally let her be her spunky, style-ly Scout self. She looks like she is too much fun.

And Ruby's smile makes me think she loves all things funny. What a cutie!