floral

Sunday, May 4, 2008

California girls!

Scout and I were able to visit some very special people out in California this weekend--a good friend from college and her family. So, Scout is about two and a half months older than little Maya, and it was a "Hoot" (to use a Nicole word) to see them both together!

Maya swinging at a nearby park. (Anna and fam are totally spoiled with the amazing parks!)
Scout and I look on!
What could make bathtime more fun than it already is?? Share bathtime with a friend!
May and Scout enjoying some time at Kids Space Children's Museum.And Scout plays in the funhouse mirror.
Here, enjoying the toy as much as Maya is! Though Scout looks deceptively bigger, she's sooo not. Though the pony tail does give her some added height.
Here in Maya's backyard swing. (And showing off her teeth--3 to date!)
All in all, a great time had by all. I am so jealous of all the beautiful gardens in Burbank. There are gorgeous rose bushes growing out of cracks in the pavement, I swear they're everywhere. The jacaranda trees were in the prime of their periwinkle bloom--it brought me back to all the flowers I loved so much in Nepal. Only I was in California. Way less of a plane ride. So, we'll be back again someday for another playdate with Maya and family!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I forgot you were going to CA! How fun! Looks like you had a great time. Can't wait to hear more about it.