The first month of stay-at-home mom with stay-at-home Scout has been awesome. Funny to think we've already been doing this for longer than a month. We have been entertaining ourselves by taking lots of walks and going to the park (it's been remarkably warm here--average temps around 50-60 lately). We've kept up our regular Tuesday playdate. And we go to the YMCA quite a bit as well, where Scout can play with her "buddies" in the Childwatch area and Mom can sweat a little and get a shower all to herself (woo-hoo).

Here is Scout in the sweater that Auntie Mary knit for her--yes, hand knit--and matching skullcap.

Here we are on a trip to the zoo, another unseasonably warm day in mid-January. Scout and Grandma Margie are following some big geese.

Here's a sweet shot of them in the monkey area.

Here is Scout and Grandma Margie stacking a tower, which they then knocked down. (Grandma specifically asked that I not take her photo on this particular morning--you know how us ladies feel about photos sometimes--hence, she is cut out!).

Here was Scout on one particular day when she just wanted me to put on her swimsuit. She just got a hankering, I guess.

And here she is on the couch, after falling asleep in front of the TV. Probably a horrible habit to get into, but sometimes she doesn't want to take a nap, and so we just play, until she gets tired and then I put a video on. Don't turn us in to the mommy police!
3 comments:
Wow! You guys look like you are having a blast. I know I say this every time, but Scout is absolutely adorable. It's awesome that you've had such great opportunities to get out and about.
Woo Hoo, more Scout pictures. She's as cute as a button. I'm glad stay at homy mommyhood is agreeing with you.
Loving seeing her in the everyday moments... and will have to hear more about stay-at-home mom days which sound great.
Post a Comment