floral

Thursday, June 14, 2012

WOW Children's Museum--with friends!

Today we went to Lafayette to check out this children's museum that I'd long wanted to check out. We met some of our old Denver playgroup friends there, and it was such a hit. Everyone had a great time, and the mommas even had a chance to chat and catch up.

Hayden and Scout attempting to make the full-sized bubble

Ruby in the ticket booth

Semi-success!!!

Lachlan runs behind his mom's legs

A bit of dress up
Just a funny story about the dress up: At home, we mostly do "dress up" starting from nothing. Meaning, my kids strip off their regular clothes in order to don their dress-up duds. Today at the museum, Ruby stripped off her dress and bloomers and put on this wizard costume (backwards) before I even had a chance to realize what was going on. We quickly refitted our model for public and I explained that when dress up in public, we don't need to take our dress off first. There, done. I'm sure we'll never have another issue like that...
Ruby and Hayden in the pulley chairs (Hilary and I got a workout lifting these guys!)

Scout took a turn, too

They could make a house with kid-sized lincoln logs--can you see someone peeking through the window?

The line up of cutie patooties
I think we'll definitely be back at WOW (stands for World of Wonder) one of these days. Lafayette seems really cute, can't wait to explore a bit more next time.

No comments: