I haven't been much of a blogger lately. Usually, I would make the statement that I'm not
really much of a blogger ever, but there was a time when I was actually quite devoted, maybe if not here then over at the
Mom in Fort Collins blog that I have. In any case, life has been so interesting lately, I didn't know where to begin. My own family of origin is busy with my dad's health and surgery recovery, and I've been out to Wisconsin three times already this year. My kids have been busy doing this and that. I quit going to the gym after the truck was broken into (on Feb. 28) and you'd think that would free up some time. Instead, Ruby and I would occasionally go for these long walks and other days we'd just run here or there or even--
gasp--run home to do a bit of laundry. Now it's officially "summer vacation," though there's sufficient errands and commitments to keep us busy. In a week, Scout will start Vacation Bible School (or VBS as folks call it), and we have two different week-long vacations planned. The girls will take swimming lessons and we'll all spend plenty of time at the pool, and my hope for the summer is that we can do a few different special things--a few hikes, trip to the zoo, picnics at the park, concerts on the Oak Street plaza, take advantage of the farmer's markets and special events in town.
Before moving on to the future, I thought I'd go back and find the forgotten photos that I hadn't yet had time to post about. Today is the first day in what seems like months where we don't have any place to be. I love this feeling!
 |
| Here is Ruby just messing around in my boots and her pjs |
 |
| Taking a scooter ride at Fossil Creek |
 |
| The girls exploring an area at Fossil Creek park |
I talked Cory into a quick trip to Boulder so that I could go to the Penzey's store that is on Pearl Street. I am seriously in LOVE with Penzey's spices. Cory and the girls were less enthused about this trip than I was, but I thought we'd at least have fun tromping around Pearl Street. As it turns out, Scout is not a fan. Usually Pearl Street has buskers and it's a great "people watching" event, but Scout wanted nothing to do with that. She wanted out of that place, so we only stayed about an hour.
 |
| Scout walking through town to get to Pearl Street |
 |
| A quote on the side of a building |
 |
| Cory and the girls in front of a fountain on Pearl Street |
 |
| Scout points out some artwork in the window |
 |
| My pantry... I think I hear something |
 |
| Little sneak |
At the end of April, Lacey's boyfriend Travis was preparing to leave for Utah to start a new job. We hosted a little "going away" pizza party for him.
 |
| Travis and friends--including Hannah & Will, Kevin & Olga and Liz |
 |
| Olga, Lacey and Liz |
 |
| The horse-dog Asher that Will brought over to our house *um, unannounced I might add* |
At the end of April, the girls and I were invited down to Aurora to have lunch with the Advocates for Children ladies, and we parlayed that into a visit with old friends.
 |
| The girls with our friends Hayden and Lachlan |
 |
| Hayden with some toys in their fabulous backyard |
 |
| Ruby and Lachlan (and doggie Kylie) |
 |
| The porch swing was popular |
 |
| As you can see... |
 |
| Hilary and Ruby |
 |
| Our other friends--Kerri and Liam |
 |
| Matthew, Liam and Scout |
 |
| Ruby was being a bit distant |
 |
| So, we just kept her in the stroller for the group photo! |
I know that I'll come across more--these are only from April--but I can at least begin the process of "catching up" with our old photos. It's fun to remember some of the different visits or gatherings.
No comments:
Post a Comment