We have been going up to Cory's mom & dad's for the Fourth of July for years. I can't remember that we've missed one since we have been together, but maybe I'm wrong. I can remember the first time I went up to Sundance for the 4th--I simply couldn't believe that you could legally shoot off the INSANE fireworks that they did. I think that the state of Wyoming is pretty brave. At least once, there has been a fire ban and we haven't set off fireworks, but for the most part the crazy fireworks are part & parcel of the Sundance 4th trip.
Of course, this time around it's fair to give a few highlights:
- Water fun (and water fights) in Grandma & Papa's backyard
- Mosquito bites, and Grandma's subsequent first-aid to treat them
- Book reading by Papa
- Delicious food--lemon bars & strawberry rhubarb pie were my faves!
- New pillowcases for the girls (made by Grandma)
- Playing at the park & walking to and from
- For me & Cory--some walks together, including one around Devil's Tower
- Ruby announcing to everyone, "I'm a tooter"
- The girls' fort behind the lilac bushes
- Great-Grandma Marlene's visit & the glow-in-the-dark earrings she gave the girls
- Lots of "special drinks" for the girls--Shirley Temples & Root Beer Floats
- Fireworks with names like "Rain of Fire" and "Arctic Blast"
 |
| Eating popsicles in the shade |
 |
| Hitting the pool |
 |
| Ruby in her "boo-kini" |
 |
| Ella and Ruby in the play area of the park |
 |
| Addy climbing the ladder |
 |
| Alan and Lexie sitting down for a moment |
Sundance allowed fireworks on July 3rd & July 4th--so, naturally, there were TWO opportunities for fireworks shows
 |
| Getting out their snaps! |
Here is a video of the snap action:
http://youtu.be/4RFHgyAxOWw
 |
| Lexie & Margie watching the festivities |
THIS IS MY FAVORITE PHOTO OF THE WHOLE WEEKEND>>>
 |
| So, I say, "Margie, let's take a selfie!" |
 |
| And, "Cory, let's take a selfie" (Which I had to do quickly before he moved, since he hates selfies!) |
 |
| And perhaps my favorite of all the selfies--Me & Alan |
 |
| You can't quite see it in all its glory, but here lies the "Poopy Pooch" |
And in case you wanted to see MORE of the Poopy Pooch, well, watch
this! and
this also!
Once it got dark, it was time for the big show...
 |
| Me & Scout |
 |
| Penny, Addy & Lacey |
 |
| Ruby & Ella |
 |
| Who is this turkey? |
 |
| I'm with Happy & Sleepy! |
 |
| I can't quite figure out how to capture the fireworks |
 |
| The audience |
 |
| It's loud! |
 |
| Devil's Tower in the distance |
 |
| Oh look, a friend on the trail! |
 |
| So he says, "Just look at all this majesty!" |
And when we returned, we had another water fight!
Here are my facepainting victims...
 |
| Not exactly sure what they're doing... |
 |
| Lexie & Ella |
And the glow-in-the-dark earrings...
Then on the last night (the 5th)... we hung out on the deck and Papa even read to the girls while we were out.
 |
| The captive audience for "Junie B. Jones Has a Monster Under Her Bed" |
Another wonderful visit with the fam for the 4th of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment