floral

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Girls get new haircuts--Oct. 14th & Nov. 24th

A while back, Scout got a new haircut. For a long while, she requested a short hair cut and I finally got out of the way of her and her fashion fantasies. HA. One of her kindergarten classmates had a short hair 'do, and Scout always said, "I want to have a short haircut like Iris." So, we went in for cuts in October, and she was itching for something different. (At that point, Ruby got a bob as usual.)

But, not surprisingly, when it was time again for haircuts, little sister wanted in on that action.

I know I've said it before, but their hairdresser Ali is so sweet with them. She always treats them just like every other paying customer. I love that! The girls are always thrilled with the results, too. And it doesn't hurt that as Ali walks them out, she always lets them pick out some lipgloss.



After she got her haircut, she was talking to her cousin that she'd been trying to get a hold of for a long time. I thought it was funny how she held the phone, as if she'd morphed into a teenager with this new haircut!









While we were waiting for sister.




Fro the haircuts last Monday, Scout again went first and the girls again both thoroughly enjoyed the Aveda tea. At the end, when I was paying, one of the receptionists offered the girls a dumdum and I relented. Sadly, Ruby dropped hers and I said she'd have to throw it away after it touched the floor. See below: She did not like that news. (BUT, in the end, I offered to rinse off the sucker in order to spare her such heartache.)



Pretty proud of her dum dum





Scout--just walking around the salon like she owns the place




Enjoying the Aveda tea




 Short hair is a little more to maintain, so we'll be back in a few weeks for a little refresher!

No comments: