My goodness. This is a sweet story.
We went to the grocery store, typical Monday deal.
As we buckled into the car to leave the grocery store, I explained that we'd head over to get the car wash. Protests from the backseat! "Nooo!"
But upon leaving the grocery store parking lot, it would appear that there was a family--yes, a mom, dad, two little girls and the mom held a baby--holding a sign saying, "Anything helps." I was literally holding two dollars in my hand, previously allotted for the self-serve car wash. I rolled down my window and gave it to them, wishing that I had more.
I casually said, "Well, you're off the hook, looks like we won't go to the car wash right now because I gave away the cash."
Scout was so complimentary to me. "Mom, you did a really nice thing." I explained that I wish that I could have done more, and that no family should have to worry about where they would sleep or eat. She agreed. This is something that she & I have talked about before.
I got a brilliant idea: "Hey, we can just wash the car at home! You guys can help me!" Protests from the backseat! "No!!!"
But when we got home, something magical happened. I got everything out and these little elves came to help make a dirty car clean.
And when their dad came out to see what was going on, Scout explained, "We're washing the car because mom gave away her car wash money to help a family that needed money."
Wow. I guess that they were paying attention.
God Bless These Little Girls.
Sweetest souls. Ever.
Sunday, August 23, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment