So, on Monday the 16th, I kicked Cory out at the curb at Mitchell International and continued my drive by heading down to Chicago. Since Cory's flight left at 6:05 am, I was there really early. So, I wasted time by checking out the old alma mater, Loyola. It's changed so much, but the lake never changes. Ahh. Colorado ain't got water like this.
Then I headed to my friend Jenny Yasmin's place to meet her precious baby boy, Hamilton. He's sweet, funny, and has the best sense of humor.
Well, maybe he didn't reveal all that much to me, but I could sense his sweet disposition. And Jenny Yasmin is a natural. So natural, in fact, that a random stranger--I kid you not--wheeled up her son in his stroller and asked Jenny to watch him while she went to the bathroom. Excuse me? Am I in Chicago? Yes, clearly we're back in the Midwest. Unfortunately, I had to make the trip by myself since Scout had a cough and we couldn't risk contaminating the newbie. But she got to spend all day with Grandma Karen, so she did all right for herself. There was some park action in her day, life was good. And, I also got some "grown up time" with my friend Megan, who joined Jenny, Hamilton and me for lunch at the Merchandise Mart. I'm so not a city girl, do they call it "the merch" or something like that?
Then, on Tuesday the 17th, I headed over to high school friend Tanya's place to see her son Bryce and to meet another high school friend Amber's little sweetheart Elise.
I really loved all these photos--one where it looks like Scout was trying to get Bryce to take out his nuk, which she later just grabbed out of his mouth, and another where Bryce has the sweetest smile. Lady killer. Beware!

And then, the Reichert clan headed north. To Auntie Jan and Uncle Dick's cottage.While at the cottage, Scooter had lots of attention from Olivia and Hadley.
Barely a moment went by where Scout wasn't experiencing something new.
First time up at the cottage.
First time walking the pier.
Her first exposure to "Hannah Montana."
Her first dip in a lake.
Swimming with boys. (By they way, this is Mack and Sawyer.)

Her first boat trip.
She's an adventurer, all right.
First Miller Lite. (C'mon people, I work for a child advocacy agency. Do you really think I gave my child beer? No, it's just for show. Funny photos. Exploiting kids with empty beer bottles is okay, right?**Notice the Brantmeier Ford cooler in the background. Ha!)
First time being able to spend a good amount of time with "the girls," which included meeting Auntie Carol, my mom's good friend and just about the sweetest lady ever.
And then, we came home to this. Ick. Nasty storm+old tree=grab a rake and sweat your butt off. Good thing Matty and Karen had my muscles, right?And, folks, there's still more. I'll get around to that before the next time we go to Wisconsin, I'm sure!
2 comments:
We had such a good time seeing you, too! Wow--you sure got a lot of friends into one week.
Scout's pictures are so expressive--she is such a doll!
I love the pictures!! And I still haven't called! Sorry! I will - soon - I promise!
Post a Comment