floral

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Because it's just too fun

Scout rocks out in her new bell-sleeved shirt. Well, it's new to her, anyway.

Ruby watching the whole scene. Note toothbrush, the girl's favorite accessory.

Checking out her moves in the mirror.

Yep, she's got some awesome moves all right. And that shirt really gets her in the mood for some moving!




Scout found a fabulous shirt that Grandma Karen sent. It was hanging in her closet for a few days, and today she spied it and wanted to rock that lime green floral shirt with the bell sleeves.
I think it's worth mentioning that amongst all the crazy days around here that go something like "For the fifteenth time, will you PLEASE come and brush your teeth!" there are so many more moments that involve some really fantastic fun.
Scout is so her own person, and does not feel embarrassed to live her life loudly, whether that be quite literally in a loud voice, with unabashed fashion-sense, with carefree movement, what have you.
She can be heard uttering the following at any given time:
"Mom, it's going to be so beautiful!"
"Mom, I want to be fancy." (Followed sometimes with "like Fancy 'ancy"--her pronunciation of Fancy Nancy.)
"Mom, I love you very so much." (Said while squeezing my cheeks.)
"Mom, I love you, you're my BEST momma!"
"Mom, I love my daddy."
"Mom, I love Ruby."
"Mom, I love (insert name here: Ella, Anja, Kara, Hana, Mira, etc.). She is my BEST friend!"

So, I just had to post about my firstborn, my sweet girl who regularly reminds me, "Mom, I'm gonna be four already!" I find many days so challenging (for instance, today when I braved the shower for approximately 4-5 minutes, the girls took--more like stole--my glasses and I came out of the shower to chase blindly all over the house yelling for my glasses), and it's easy to forget that amidst the wild days (and nights, for that matter) are such amazing moments of happiness. I'm so lucky to share this joy with these utterly joyful creatures.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love it! You are an amazing mom Jayme. I wish I could see you in action with your girls more often.