And yesterday, the 12th, I celebrated my birthday. I have to say, 34 is not the kind of birthday where you expect people to make a big deal out of it, or even notice it for that matter. I was so thrilled with the amount of phone calls and all-around love that I got. So blessed am I!
Here are the attendees of my fabulous party. The kids ate chicken noodle soup (from "the blue can," as Scout would say--i.e. Progresso), and the adults had yummy Chinese food. We had root beer floats for dessert (with root beer Cory made and has on tap in the fridge), and Scout wanted nothing but plain old chocolate ice cream, so I put the candle in her ice cream and we blew it out together. Good times.

The girls and their Aunt Lacey (or Lay-lay, as Ruby calls her), sitting so angelically on the couch.

Penny showed up to the party, too.

And Beamer was there. Shedding all over the place, as usual.

And here I am, with my birthday gifts--a new wine glass and a Packers "Superbowl Champs" sweatshirt.

And here is another guest, trying to avoid the paparazzi.

Ah, now onto some other fun times. Not that this photo does it justice, but we had another haircut debacle. Yes, folks, this is our fourth time at the scissors. Times 1 and 2 happened the same day, first with the little kids' scissors followed by the manicure scissors. (This was maybe 4-5 months ago.) Time 3 (maybe 2 months ago) was also the fine work of manicure scissors, but the occasion was slightly different in that she stole the scissors and locked herself in her room in order to do so--thus prompting me to find the tool that unlocks her bedroom door. But this time, go-round number 4, is really the pinnacle... the dream... what every mother hopes for. It happened at school, while I was present as the "Parent Helper" for the morning. I heard the teacher make a big gasp, followed by a quick word to me, "Jayme, Scout just cut her hair." Sure enough, she had. The child safety scissors are always accessible to the kids, and I guess Scout thought this morning would be the perfect opportunity to test out her cosmetology chops. Seriously, FOUR TIMES??? I have to go through this FOUR TIMES??? Can I just sue Fancy Nancy for her spa-day book? I swear that gave her the inspiration for the fourth time.

Another source of oddity... Ruby, at 16 months old, has discovered a pacifier. I think that it might be the only pacifier in the entire house, since I gave them away long ago because neither of my kids would ever take them.
Oh, and another follow up: Ruby had a little scare (here's the article), but I'm happy to say we've received a clean bill of health from the doctor.

No comments:
Post a Comment