It seems this spring is an absolute tease, lately. We have had a gorgeous day today, but that's the first in a long time. Usually it's one day here and one day there, nothing consistent. I am ready, and I'm sure the kids are ready, for some regularity to our park days.
We have been out and about nonetheless. Scout had fun at Lee Martinez park with a little buddy she met--and they proceeded to have a very fun time in the mud. (See shoes in photo below)
 |
Scout on our walk, complete with muddy shoes and a walking stick
|
We had another playtime with Anja, which included some rocking chair story time and some hiding in the bookshelf cupboards.
 |
| The girls with Anja for a very nice story time. |
|
 |
Ruby in the cupboard
|
 |
Scout in the cupboard
|
 |
Ruby in the cupboard, next to Scout in the cupboard
|
The other day, Scout donned the green shirt again and hit the garden for some watering.
 |
| Scout with the watering can |
 |
| The little model at it again |
 |
| I just can't resist repeated requests to fill up her watering can. All she does is go straight back out into the yard and promptly dumps it in the lawn. |
Another source of fun today were the following anecdotal stories:
On the way back from the park, we spied a neighbor's yard with a litter of bird feathers. I asked Scout, "What do you think happened there?" She thought for a while, then she seemed puzzled. "What? What happened?" I said, "Well, I think there was a fight or something. A bird maybe got caught by another animal." To this, Scout replied, "YEAH, like maybe a frog or something."
And earlier today, Scout was picking flowers. She loves to pick flowers, and I often have to remind her that we DON'T pick flowers. So, I said, "Honey, we don't do that. You are not supposed to pick flowers." To which she responded, "It's okay, Momma. Accidents happen."
No comments:
Post a Comment