I should begin this post by saying that my kids have assorted names for their Grandparents (all very traditional compared to many that I've heard): but mainly, it's Grandma and Papa. We distinguish by family--Grandma Karen and Papa Matty, or Grandma Margie and Papa Alan. However, on this trip, Scout got it in her head that she was going to call Papa by a new name. She announced, "I call him Poppy." And she did. And I heard quite a few "Grammy"s as well, though maybe those came more from Ruby than Scout, can't quite remember.
Nonetheless, we spent a few days up in Sundance alone with Cory's parents before Cory joined us and we promptly headed over to Rapid City for "Auntie" Mary's wedding last weekend (my next post, I hope). It was very nice to have Grandma and Papa all to ourselves, since that doesn't happen often. I can't remember the last time that we were up at Alan and Margie's and there weren't some other guests joining us. This was a real treat, because it meant that we got to get out and see a few Sundance attractions.
 |
| Papa and Ruby, near the portable firepit (and home of smores) |
 |
| Papa and the girls |
 |
| Ruby climbed the ladder all by herself |
 |
| So proud of herself |
 |
| The firewatch tower on Warren Peak--one of our destinations. The girls made it up with Papa and Grandma, notice I took the photo from my place on the GROUND |
 |
| Nature hike |
 |
| On Warren Peak |
 |
| Looking for choke cherries and thimble berries |
 |
| Walking over the bridge |
 |
| Cleaning her feet at the new park |
 |
| Riding at the new park |
 |
| Showing off the French braids her grandma put in her hair |
 |
| Climbing at the new play structure |
 |
| Great-Grandma Marlene and the girls |
 |
| Just Grandma and Ruby |
We had a great time, and we'll be back to do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment