Although I still have some older photos that will have to be "blogged" about at some point (I always feel like such a phony when using the word "blog" since I am hardly a "blogger"--see, I used those words THREE times already. Enough.), I want to chronicle the Halloween adventures around the Harper house.
 |
| I seriously love Addy's face in this one. How could you not love it? |
On Saturday the 29th, the Goodmans came down and we enjoyed a festive time at the house and then at Treatsylvania, a time-honored tradition here in Fort Collins.
 |
| All the girls at our house--Ruby, bee; Addy, ladybug; Scout, spider princess; Ella, Belle |
 |
| Uncle Jon having fun with the kiddos |
 |
| Our bumble bee riding to Treatsylvania |
 |
| At Treatsylvania with Ella |
 |
| The Spider Princess |
 |
| These girls seemed to enjoy Treatsylvania |
On Monday, Scout had her Halloween parade at preschool.
 |
| Our Belle (wonder WHO inspired the costume change???) |
 |
| "Hi, Dad!" |
 |
| Waiting for the parade to start... Notice Ruby's outfit: a swimsuit over clothes. This actually WORKS on Halloween, when anything goes, in contrast to every other day of the year when she wants to wear this out of the house. |
 |
| The official family photographer |
On Monday night, we did the trick-or-treat thing. Ruby hung in there remarkably well considering that her new no-nap-thing is seriously hampering our possibility at having whine-free evenings around here.
 |
| After her pre-school parade as Belle, Scout decided she wanted to be something different for trick-or-treating. I remembered that we had facepaints, and I suggested being a fairy. She picked out the dress, wings and the face design... it's supposed to be a snowflake fairy. |
 |
| Ruby continued with being a bumble bee, so we painted one cheek with a flower |
|
 |
| And a bee on the other side |
 |
| Here is the fairy princess, acting goofy as ususal |
 |
| By one of the decorative jack-o-lanterns |
 |
| Getting into the wagon |
 |
| This is how you travel in style on Halloween |
 |
| After trick-or-treating, Ruby and I returned to the house where she enjoyed some smarties. |
All in all, a fun time. Now, it's November and we'll have to start planning more and more fun for the Holiday Season.
1 comment:
That's awesome that you have a substantial enough dress-up collection that Scout could be not one, not two, but three different things for Halloween!
Post a Comment