floral

Monday, November 7, 2011

RMNP-- for the last time of the season--10/15/11

Not too long ago, before the snow began to fall around here, we made our last trip up to Estes Park for a final hot dog cookout and day in the mountains.

I'm not going to lie, it wasn't the best day the Harper family has ever had. Ruby was having an "off" day (I'm trying to be diplomatic) and after walking determinedly up the trail to Nymph Lake, she surprised herself by stepping through the shoreline snow into the lake. One foot was decidedly beyond repair, so I carried her, shoeless and upset, down the trail. Only a 0.5 mile trail, and yet it seemed like forever.

I would like to point out that we also had the low fat hot dogs, which I am never buying again.

This photo has nothing to do with our day in RMNP, but nonetheless, a cute photo of the girls and Cory having a "movie night" with Cars.

Sneaky picnicker

By Nymph Lake

I feel like this photo captures Ruby's mood that day

My hikers

About 2 seconds before Ruby stepped into the snow/deceiving shoreline

As above, sneaky picnicker

WILDLIFE!

A docile moment

A daddy-daughter moment

My big girl, by Nymph Lake
And on the up side, we did get these fantastic photos.

No comments: