It's quite the deal around here these days. Turns out, it's all about the kids.
How's this for your life?
Each day you wake up and request a "treat." Maybe not right then and there, but pretty much your wish is granted.
Each day a package arrives and it's filled with goodies for you.
Each day a visit with a friend, beloved family member, or some activity fills your life with joy.
Yep, that's pretty much what December has been like for Scout and Ruby.
 |
| Ruby at Addy and Ella's house--visit Dec. 10 |
 |
| Cory with beer in hand |
 |
| Jasmine and Mulan |
 |
| Having fun with the cousins |
 |
| Dance party/dress up party |
 |
| Anja came over to help us decorate--on December 18th |
 |
| Little helper |
 |
| Despite the smiles, this all was a bit more exhausting than I anticipated. Um, I was about ready to pull the plug after most of the sprinkles were on the table, Ruby dumped one whole container in her frosting, and any effort I made to actually frost the cookies was met with little or no help. We had a get-together with another friend in early December and it went so much better. The difference? Two adults. |
 |
| Here's where my "helpers" were for most of the time I was actually baking |
 |
| Another "helper" hideaway |
 |
| Molasses cookies |
 |
| The kitchen prepped for hard work |
 |
| Caramel nut clusters--a recipe I tried this year and I'm definitely using again. Awesome and so easy. |
 |
| Cory and my other "helper" |
 |
| Opening up presents from Grandma Karen and Papa Matty on Dec. 21st |
 |
| Scout gets Silvermist--one of the Fairies! (Ruby got Tinkerbell--see, blond doll for blond girl, dark haired doll for dark haired girl) |
 |
| Barbie the "Zoo Doctor" |
 |
| Barbie the "Cooking Class teacher" |
 |
| At the preschool picnic, with Kylie, Hailey, Scout and Braedon (L to R) |
 |
| I'm very proud of our display of Christmas cards |
 |
| Scout opens her present from Aunt Lacey (on Dec. 18th) |
 |
| Oh, a play makeup set! What more could a fancy girl want? |
 |
| Aunt Lacey helps apply make up (and gets make up applied upon her face, as well) |
 |
| Ruby's gift (a tent) makes the perfect makeup hideaway |
 |
| Penny and Travis also enjoy the festivities |
 |
| "What'd you get Ruby?" --Hello Kitty lip gloss |
 |
| A visitor to the tent |
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment