floral

Monday, February 11, 2013

Hair cut, part (feels like) 72

When Scout was little, she took to scissors like a fish takes to water. She cut her hair four times. Once, it was just tempting. Twice, she used the manicure scissors after I'd taken away the other scissors. Third time, I really can't remember. The fourth time, I was in her classroom at the co-op preschool and she hit the spot right by her chin. Her teacher gasped, and she said, "Jayme, Scout just cut her hair!" I ran to show her the aftermath in the girls' bathroom mirror. I thought that was the last time. Oh, and she also cut a hole in the bedskirt on Ruby's bed at some point during this convoluted story as well.

Then, Ruby picked up the scissors. She cut her own hair twice, and cut at least one of each of these: a mane of a My Little Pony and the hair of a Barbie doll.





But today takes the cake. Apparently, Ruby asked Scout to cut her hair.

Here are a few videos. Video 1, the initial Q & A. Video 2, a continuation of Video 1. Video 3. Video 4. With any luck, I'll be able to take Ruby to the hair salon tomorrow and fix her cute little 'bob' up so that the hack into it doesn't even show.

No comments: