floral

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ruby's first day of preschool--Sept 4, 2013

I do not yet have Cory's photos from his fancy schmancy camera, but thought I'd post a few of my BIG little girl. But before I do that, I could write a letter to the girl that is my Ruby, the sweet baby who is becoming such a kind soul.

Dear Ruby,
Today you took a giant leap into the outside world that you really hadn't done before... Unlike your sister, you've never been in daycare, and you only went to the "Mom's Day Out" program or used the "Kid's Club" at the Fort Collins Club occasionally. Seriously, girl, this is big stuff. You used to be the baby that would wail in the nursery while I went to work in Scout's preschool classroom. The first few times that I used the gym in Fort Collins, they would always come and get me after 10 minutes and tell me that they just couldn't get you to stop crying. Ask your Grandma Margie someday about the time she watched you while your dad and I went to look at real estate in Fort Collins before we bought our house--she called me to ask me WHEN I would be returning (we were running late), and when I walked into your Aunt Lacey's apartment you were inconsolable. I took you in my arms, and you nursed and you were content. I have a hundred stories about how attached you were to me at one point in your life--but if anyone watched today in action, they'd never believe me. In fact, your dad and I used to joke that you were our "Koala baby," because you would cling onto me for dear life.  Even your dad couldn't put you to bed for the longest time (I believe he put you to bed for the first time ever when you were around 22 months). Ruby Jean, you were such a Momma's baby for so long. And, in many ways, I loved that about you. So, imagine my surprise when you slowly morphed from this sweet baby who always needed her mommy to this bright-eyed, smiley gal who leapt into each new adventure.
Look at you, Rubers! You just went to your first day of preschool!
On Friday, I'll leave you there all by yourself (but you'll also be with some friends), and I pray that you will do well. Given the first two years of your life, I never could have predicted that you would be so content to go off into the great big world without me! You are so outgoing and chatty. Today, at preschool, you seemed completely at peace. You were in your element! You laughed, explored, made friends, and seemed to thoroughly enjoy your new role as student. Lucky for you, you have the most AMAZING preschool and the most WONDERFUL teacher. I'm so fond of our preschool, and I pray that you'll do well there.
Ruby Jean, you were named for your Great-Grandma Jean, and I will always remember her as a regal woman with gorgeous white hair and a welcoming smile, but what I will also remember about her is her gentle nature, her love of her family and her sweet laughter. I hope you take some of that lovely lady that you were named for into your life--I hope you welcome others, and I know that you have a smile that invites others to smile, too. Good luck on this journey, sweet girl. Your dad and I just love watching you grow and learn!









At the sensory table with Lorelei and Ava


 After the big morning at preschool was over, we went to the Museum of Discovery with our good friends Lorelei & Polly.
Playing at the Museum of Discovery with our firend Lorelei


There is a music exhibit at the museum





All in all, Ruby had a great day at preschool and a good day in general. More updates as time goes on!

No comments: