floral

Friday, August 30, 2013

Camping at Chamber's Lake--July 19, 20, 21

Scout picking wild strawberries
 So, these photos got reordered and I'm too lazy to go back and rearrange them...
This is our trip to Chambers Lake, a very pretty spot. We were dry camping again, and the campsite was so pretty.
Wild strawberry plants were everywhere





After we came back from Chambers Lake, we went to Culvers!




**Okay, this is actually the beginning of the post**
We tried a new camping spot this summer, and it was a good one.
The double-occupancy hammock




The campsite set up


Having some applesauce



Looking pretty happy!












They wanted to eat inside the camper



More hammock time




There was a small playground












Finding wild strawberries

Taking a little dip









Neither Cory nor I brought our suits, but we should have. Cory said he would have loved to swim around with the girls. The lake was so perfect--it's a no-wake lake, so it's very calm. Cory did some fishing, but mostly we just enjoyed dipping our toes an the girls did get a bit further in than their toes.

http://youtu.be/3zAmN9rj5Lo A love of stick drumming was born



This was our "last weekend" with Beamer. He had lots of treats on this camping trip.


They are maestros, I'm telling you. See more here. And also here.




Ouch! Scout cut off my head!



My sweet girls


Think Ruby took this one!




I think we'll go back to Chambers Lake, it was a great spot.

No comments: