floral

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Easter Fun 2014

Easter seemed to arrive without a lot of fanfare around here. I didn't even have time to bring the easter-egg laying hen out of the storage area. We went to the church's Easter Egg hunt the weekend before Easter, we opened up lovely Easter packages from the grandparents, we dyed Easter eggs and we went up to Aunt Lexie's for Easter lunch (after watching Ella play soccer).

Cory & the girls hanging out before the "hunt"








The girls got a bounty of goodies from their grandparents.






Smooching the chocolate bunny

Grandma Margie MADE those cute baskets
 Part of Grandma Margie's gift was this hair shadow stuff (I'd never heard of it before), and we had to try it out.







Playing with the new sticker books
 Oh--here's a few photos from Cory's workday in Ruby's classroom on Friday April 18th. He helped the kiddos craft some shaving cream easter eggs.


He's a sweeper!

Dying Easter Eggs






For Easter lunch at Lexie's, Cory tried a new recipe--Lemon Meringue Pie. He was quite proud of his creation.


I took a bunch of photos of Ella's soccer game, but I'm not quite a sports photographer. Here are a few of the good ones.













Here's the Easter spread at Lexie's house.



The girls tried out some fun new moves on the slide.











There might have been an incident with the pie landing in someone's lap




And the next day, on Easter morning, the girls found their Easter eggs. I didn't film the hunt, but I did catch a few pictures of these guys:


Easter service was sort of a bust, and I went alone. I think the kids were happy with their hunting and the few things that the Easter bunny brought them, but I had a meltdown. Then we went for a hike and everything seemed lovely. And that was Easter.

No comments: