floral

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Last camping trip--Sept 21-23

We got the camper out one more time to hit up Jack's Gulch, a spot up the Poudre River that was within spitting distance of the damage caused by the High Park Fire. We were lucky, though, since the weather was gorgeous, the aspens were at their peak and the campground is probably the best one we've had for our rookie season! YAY! (And that came after we realized that someone tried to break into the camper at the lot where we store it--boo! So we were going into this camping trip in a bit of a sour mood.)

Beamer tagged along

Our picnic table set up


Ruby with some gorgeous trees behind her







Aspen leaf eye patches

There was a pretty fantastic fort that the kids played in




I love this photo so much (I love that you can see Scout holding my hand)



With daddy's Ukelele (or, as Ruby calls it, "lookalele"


This was one of the few places where you could gather your own firewood, and I'd have to say that Cory is pretty impressive with a bow saw!

Scout got to help start the camp fire

Marshmallow roasters







All in all, it was a great trip to Jack's Gulch. I hope we'll be back next spring. The camper (as far as we know) is going to get put away for the season, but we did use it 6 times this summer--not bad for our rookie season!



No comments: