floral

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Miller Farms--September 16th

Miller Farms is a local farm where you can pick-your-own veggies. They have a ton of things for the kids to do, and it's definitely a fun spot. I went with the kids and some mommy friends and their kids while Cory was off hiking with Lacey and Lexie for the day.

Scout and Ruby with their friend Loralei

Ruby lookin' farmer-ish in her overall dress


They had a ton of fun playing on the various parked (abandoned? broken?) vehicles




Scout and Loraei


There was a lot of dirt... not just in this huge dirt mound, but everywhere

To get to the wagon ride, you must "Follow the yellow brick road"


Scout, Loralei, my friend Hester and her two boys on the wagon ride

Scout and Loralei

Loralei and Ruby

Some family brought their large dog... poor dog was dying of thirst by the end of this farm wagon ride!

If feel like if you turned this photo black and white, it would look like one of those Dorthea Lange photographs from the dustbowl

A riding lawn mower turned train engine

Everyone called this a "space ship" but I'm pretty sure it was an amusement park ride of some sort... but it did sort of remind me of the astronaut vehicles on "I Dream of Jeanie"

Inside the "space ship"

The kids played on the bouncy pillow for ages--too bad there were sand briars everywhere when the kids stepped off the pillow in their stocking/bare feet--OUCH!

Polly and Loralei

Polly and the kids jumping on the pillow

There were an assortment of junkyard finds made to look like various "Cars" cars--Here's Mater

Tow Mater, Average Intelligence

Driving "Doc"

Or maybe she's driving Miss Daisy...er, Loralei and Ruby

Gerhardt and Scout in the front seat

Scout kept on her headband and her Jasmine jewelry (clip-on earrings and necklace) the entire time we were at Miller Farms. No lie.

I actually have a feeling that we'll be back at Miller Farms. I got 13 grocery bags full of produce (yes, 13, and that was 2 less than what I paid for--I just didn't have time or energy to pick it all!) and I have been finding creative things to do with those yummies ever since. And I will know more for next time about how this goes--bring lots of sunscreen, water and prepare for a long day. Maybe next time, I won't worry so much about the kids getting lost in the corn!

No comments: