I have a back up of posts. I blame November for being the sickest (as in "ill" or "not feeling well") month in a long long time. Ruby's crazy autumn of germs actually started in October, but alas it is December and I hope we are turning a new leaf.
Yesterday (December 1), we took a trip up to the mountains to retrieve our Christmas tree. The kids have been with us the past few years, but before that it was just Cory and me. One year I even skipped (the year Ruby was born), and Lacey attended to our Christmas tree needs with Cory. I must say, as much as it's been a total Griswold family tradition (one year, Cory forgot to fill up the tank and I had serious anxiety that we would be stranded somewhere in the forest and shlepping miles to a gas station), I am glad that Cory started this tradition. He feels STRONGLY about this tradition. And I'm glad, because if it were up to me we would definitely have a boring old artificial tree that actually held more than 1/3 of our ornaments.
But I digress. I took a few photos before my camera complained that it was out of batteries. I think I got a few cute ones, though!
 |
| Setting off in the ol' 4-wheel-drive sleigh |
 |
| Setting off into the woods--no snow this year! |
 |
| She wanted to carry the bow saw |
 |
| And Ruby just wanted to be carried |
 |
| An overlook--"You see any good ones down there?" |
 |
| Happy tree hunter |
 |
| This is a Julie Andrews move, and she's never even seen The Sound of Music |
 |
| Inspecting some shrubbery |
 |
| Scout found this tree that she swore looked just like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree |
 |
| The finished product--our best ever |
Bring on the Christmas season! I hope to have time to catch up on old posts soon--I still need to do a post on Ruby's birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment