floral

Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Garbage Garage--November 8, 2012

Scout's preschool occasionally goes on Field Trips. The only issue is that their field trip policy states that no siblings can attend. This policy has been problematic for me, so I haven't been able to tag along on any of the trips thus far. However, this year, I have Ruby occasionally enrolled in a "Mom's Day Out" program and this year that made the difference--Ruby got to stay in her Mom's Day Out and I got to attend my first ever First United Methodist Church Pre-School field trip.

Guess where we went? The Dump. I mean, they call it "The Garbage Garage," but let's just call it what it really is. The Dump. I went to the Dump with my dear Scout and it was actually really fun.

Here are the field trippers--they wear these cute yellow bandanas so we don't lose track of anyone!

Mrs. Landers is in the blue

The director of the Garbage Garage

Seagulls in flight at the dump

The parade of trucks in and out

Before walking into the Garbage Garage


The towering "stuff" to the ceiling--it was a well-done display!

Amen!

A classmate of Scout's

Doing an activity
It was maybe a bit unorthodox, but I really liked the Garbage Garage. Consumer waste is an issue, and it's something that our household could improve upon--reducing what comes into our house, especially! Right now, my kids think nothing of wearing second-hand clothes, recycling our things, re-using our yogurt containers, etc. But I definitely learned from this experience, and I hope that Scout did, too!

No comments: