floral

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

VBS--June 1 to 5

The past few years--ever since Scout started preschool--we've been involved in VBS (Vacation Bible School) at the church that we now attend.

Super fun time.

For most of us.

Unless you like to sleep in on your summer vacation. Or if you have a birthday that has coincided with VBS. Or if you are not a fan of singing in front of big crowds.

So what I'm trying to say is that it might be my last year to volunteer with VBS because my kids don't like it nearly as much as I do.

Here are a few photos of our time, and here is one video from the rehearsal for the singing performance. Love this week. Oh, it's hard work and during it I'm exhausted, but at the end of the week, it feels pretty cool to have been a part of something so genuinely lovely for children.

Who doesn't like a snack that is as big as your head?

Ruby & Sadie

Super pretzels!








Will was blocking Scout's head--aren't boys just such charmers?



I pulled Ruby's hair back for the occasion






Our whole group (we had 3 teen helpers, and Kat was one of them)

Lorelei and Ruby doing a science experiment

Fran reading a book to the group

Lorelei and Ruby

Josh and his sister Laney

Doing a craft

Ruby & Lorelei 


No comments: