floral

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Denver Playdate with Old Friends--June 23

It seems like it'd be easier to get together with old friends than it actually is. Time flies, and our little family is surprisingly busy.  Add to that, other families are busy, too, and syncing up time to connect can sometimes be tricky.

After a long time, we were able to get together with our good friends the O'Donnells. In the history of our family, I guess it's fun to explain how we know different people, so I'll say that Kerri and I met when we were 23, as volunteers in Nepal. As time went on, life brought us both to the Denver area and we would see each other once in a while. We got married around the same time, had kids around the same time, and now that we're in Fort Collins we see less of these folks, but it's still a lot of fun whenever we get together.

Kerri & I decided we'd just meet at City Park & from there we'd head to the Aquarium (the Harper girls LOVE the aquarium!). Kerri's boys had recently discovered tennis, so they exposed the girls to their first taste of tennis.

Scout & Liam on the court

Scout & Liam vs Matthew & Kerri


Ruby was sitting out, snacking


 After some playground time, tennis and a few snacks, we headed over to the aquarium. Kerri and I both made it from City Park to the Aquarium without the help of a GPS, thankyouverymuch. Plus my cellphone was dead--so, you can see, God was looking out for all of us!

Inside the aquarium, the kids both loved & feared the "flash flood" exhibit.



There are some tigers inside the rainforest exhibit.

 Oh, and we saw the mermaids being wheeled to their next show.

Waiting for the mermaid show




Kerri ponied up $2 for the big Hurricane booth!
 After I dragged this poor family out to the aquarium and we didn't even sit down to lunch until after 3 pm (!!), the least that I could do was spring for lunch! The kids were so patient, and we treated them to a trip to a playplace right outside the aquarium restaurant.





 Kerri got a rousing game of tag going with the kids. Side Note: Ruby pooped her pants somewhere around this point, and I had to quick ditch everyone to take care of the poor girl!! No worries, we pitched those panties and carried on with the fun! HA! PARENTING!







 On our way out, we stopped for another quick photo ops!


What a fun day! And a long day! After all this, I dragged the kids to Costco! We left the house around 9 am and returned home around 7:45 pm. WHOA.

No comments: