floral

Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

We took Cory out for a meal last night to celebrate Father's Day. I still can't seem to find the card that I know I purchased... Sorry, Cory! I will recycle it for next year, 'kay?

As a precursor to this, I feel like it's fair to explain that I took Cory out of his comfort zone (big time!) and we went to a Church gathering up at Buckhorn United Methodist Camp near Stove Prairie. It was Cory's first time meeting a lot of those folks, and his first time attending a service since Ruby was baptized in January 2010.

Fittingly, Cory is always a "Giver" as both a dad and a husband. We purchased two new pairs of shorts for him, and we took him out to Coopersmith's--a brew pub that has a place in our hearts.

Sitting on the patio






Out on Old Town Square


 It's hard to explain quite the process that Ruby has for pitching her coin into the fountain. I tried to take a video, but it didn't quite come out the way I wanted it to. Imagine this: She takes her penny, crouches down, closes her eyes tightly, talks quietly to the penny and kisses it, then she stands calmly with her eyes closed and launches the coin behind her. If there are more pennies, she repeats the process. It's pretty darn hilarious.

Walking around Old Town

What are these flowers??? They are gorgeous!
 Then Ruby wanted to use my camera, so I have about two dozen photos like this:


Here's the little one in front of the planter


Then, Ruby took this one of me
 And then I have a few photos like this of storefront windows. Wow.

After all this, we went to TCBY & had a bunch of yogurt... and while we were at TCBY, a nice older couple chatted with us and said, "We remember when our kids were that age." Turns out, they had 2 girls, who are now 35 & 37, and they are happily moving to Phoenix so that they can be full-time grandparents. They told us, "Enjoy it. The time goes by so fast."

I promise, we plan to!

No comments: