floral

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fun with old friends--August 17

Last week we got together with our old Denver playgroup friends--Hilary and her kids Hayden and Lachlan. To be honest, Lachlan was only an unofficial member of the playgroup as Hilary was pregnant when we left Denver in May 2010. It's amazing how time has passed, and I feel so grateful that Hilary and I still keep in touch. Seeing Hayden especially is this gift of remembering a time when Scout was so much younger and I was so new to this whole parenthood thing.

We picked a spot that was about halfway between us in Northglenn. We met at a park, and enjoyed a picnic and fun times on the playground.
Ruby, wrong way on the slide

Lachlan will turn 2 in September!

Hands on her hips

Lachlan and Ruby

Scout on the bridge, running because Hayden was chasing her

This is a great photo of Hayden!

Hayden is hot on her trail

A bona fide merry-go-round

Hayden was using his managerial skills

All the kids (Lachlan is in the lime green) on the merry-go-round






Playing the musical tubes

Let's hope this is the only time that she is behind bars
I'm sure as the kids get older, it will be harder to get together, but I'm so glad that we've been able to see one another here and there. Yay for old friends.


No comments: